Paper Prototyping Experience

I felt that I didn’t gather a lot of meaningful data using this evaluation method. It was difficult to take notes and walk my participants through the tasks with the paper prototypes, and I don’t feel that I was able to make them detailed enough to test all of the potential changes I was interesting in assessing. My main findings were that the submenus contained a lot of options that users would never click on, either because the content would not be interesting to the user, or because the user could not guess what the content might be. I also found that each participant had a different menu organization solution, but most prioritized the buttons for Home, Undergraduate, Graduate, and Careers. Everyone wanted the main menu to be on the left-hand side of the website. My new designs for the Home page, Faculty page, and Internships page were received positively, with all users being able to complete all tasks (1, 2, 6) quickly and without confusion.

https://umbc.box.com/s/5tehdmz0sr607cz2hdaa

Many choices that users are not interested in:

pp2_2

pp1_2

pp3_2

Many potential menu solutions:

pp1

pp2

pp3

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s